Wednesday 10 April 2019

The toll of excessive text communication.


The toll of excessive text communication.





I am not known for being especially easy to get hold of via text. I tend to keep my phone on silent as the high-pitched ping of an incoming message makes my cheeks flush with dread. I wish I could mute all my contacts' notifications - sorry, mom, dad, and everyone I care about, but communicating with you makes me incredibly anxious. But, obviously, that's not feasible. I do, however, mute text threads with more than three people, and I opt out of family threads entirely. It is a small gesture, but bowing out of these communal conversations eases my mind, even if I sometimes feel left out and lonely - not to mention guilty that I've made my family feel like an annoyance.

No comments:

Post a Comment